Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image

Fine, I'll do it.

  • Saturday, March 14, 2009
  • Jeff
  • So Jeff has been saying for a while now that I need to blog something so here goes. This is going to be a long one.

    I'll start with the cutest (also it actually happened before Valentines Day). There's a mother's club in town that has several fundraisers a year. It's mostly bake sales and raffles and such, but each February they hold a Daddy Daughter Dance. My friend across the street belongs so she asked if Jeff would be interested. I wasn't really sure that he would so I said I'd have to get back to her. Well, in the meantime, Hannah gets wind of it and the choice is made. Jeff pretty much grumbled about it right up until he left (I guess he thought his dancing days were over) , but my sources say he had a good time. They made corsages for themselves and a lollipop boutinare for him. I was told he danced with one girl or the other all night long, including the chicken dance, the twist and many more. Rachel was in hog heaven, she didn't want to leave, but Hannah was tired and ready to go home early. Apparently there are candid shots out there somewhere but I haven't seen them yet. As soon as I get a picture of Jeff busting a move, you can be sure I'll post it. For now all I have is the professional shot taken. Note Jeff's shoes, his attempt to be young and hip.
    Next, we have an update on the kids basketball. Jacob and Hannah did well all season. Not only did they enjoy it they are actually good. Hannah has even decided that she wants to go to a basketball camp this summer. Jacob has decided that this is how he is going to pay for college. Jonathan however never really took to the game. I think he was always waiting for someone to give him the ball nicely. Toward the end, you could even catch him hiding behind the other players so that he wouldn't have to touch the ball. Jacob was a little miffed at the ending ceremony. They didn't get trophies, they got backpacks. The disappointment was lessened though by the show. A guy from some sort of power squad came in and broke baseball bats with his hands and bent steel bars with his teeth. They're all excited to play baseball though which started two days later. Now I get to drive kids to 6 practices and 6 games a week, all at different locations.

    Now a note on my husband the doctor. One Saturday night Jonny goes to bed feeling bad and a slight fever. The next day the fever's still there and he feels terrible. Jeff checks him out. Ears...fine. Lungs...clear. Throat...normal. Complaints from patient...sore, fever, achy, tired, and a third of his class out with the flu. Conclusion...we've been hit with the flu. No need for antibiotics, it's the flu. Great, just great. There are 5 other people in this house to go through. Jonny stays home from school on Monday. And Tuesday. And Wednesday. Still having a high fever, still same exam findings, still same complaints. Jeff decides it's time for an official flu test. It come back negative. Missed pneumonia? He gives him antibiotics. He's better in two days. How much was med school again?

    More poo...? Ah it's that season again. We've begun the garden adventure for spring. Last Monday I went to WalMart and bought 40 bags of manure. (Technically Jeff calls it Humus--I just know the word manure is on the bag.) Then I piled it into the back of my car. Then it started raining. Was I going to lug it all out in the rain and put it in the yard to get soaking wet, NO. Was I going to pile it up in the garage and then not be able to fit my car in, NO. So there it sat, in the back of my car for 5 days. It didn't smell as bad as last time, but it's not exactly fresh. Not to mention the fact that it weighs down the back of the car to about 18 inches off the road, prompting every dad that helps get the kids out of the car for school to comment. Today in 40 degree weather, but no rain finally, we unloaded it and put it in the beds. I'm just counting my blessing I didn't have to help build anything this time. If you've ever read the book "The $64 Tomato", we're giving that guy some competition.

    And last but not least, a sad note. The Kentucky Wildcats started off the SEC tournament with a win, but sadly in the next game lost to LSU. Where are the Cats of my past? For the first time in 17 years they will not be in the championship tournament. Will I be able to make due with the NIT? I guess I can but I'm not going to like it. Let's go ahead and start looking forward to a good recruiting time and a great season next year. I'm not going to say anything about the coaching yet.

    2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Things that made me laugh out loud in this blog:
    -jeff's attempt to be young and hip (and frankly, I think it totally works for him!).
    -jonathan waiting for someone to give him the ball nicely (that's totally how I would play too)
    -the helpful dads in the carpool line commenting on your "humus".

    Christy Gunnell said...

    I love that the flower girl dresses are being reused!!!! That made me happy. Nice try Jeff with those shoes. Seriously, no one wears those old style Adidas anymore :)

    (c) Copyright 2010 Jeff and Kari. Blogger template by Bloggermint