Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image

On To The Next Sport (My Favorite)

  • Sunday, February 8, 2009
  • Jeff

  • I had to get a nod in for my team. Go Wildcats!!!


    I signed up all the kids for basketball, and only Jacob asked for it, but it's a good life experience right. We'll take it kid by kid.


    Jonathan agreed to do it cause I think he just likes to go along with things. There wasn't too much mumbling with the practices and with him being my most athletic child I had high hopes. The first game however he was just getting over being sick and didn't really seem into it. He's kinda sleepy/bored looking. The second game went much better but I think he's still trying to grasp the concept of catching the ball (it's not soccer) and guarding someone. But he seems to be enjoying it.





    Next is Jacob. He asked to play because he wants a trophy in every sport. He does complain about the practices because he'd rather be home playing video games (if only there were a trophy involved in that). The games however are a different story. He's pretty good. I think he does well with a set of rules. Guard this man, after the other team scores go back across the line, throw the ball in here. In the last game he scored points, had assists, forced the other team out of bounds, and blocked shots. Lets hope his height advantage keeps up.

    This is his "I'm Concentrating" face. I like my basketball players mean so I'm OK with it.


    Then there's Hannah. I didn't even tell her I signed her up until right before practices started. Sure enough I heard nothing but complaints. Now she's not the most coordinated child but basketball seems to be her sport. Practices don't always go that well, if she's not directly involved she gets distracted. But I have never seen her try harder than she does in the games. She understands the concepts and actually runs down the court and gets in play. I'm hoping her height holds up too.


    Footnote: Jeff tells me he's going to start deleting the shots he doesn't like because I always pick the badly lit ones to post.

    2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Wow! Impressive! The boys look great & I think Hannah looks like a "natural". Got the height in the family... I'd say that's a good decision. HOLY COW! You are famous! I can't believe you guys made the cover of the magazine. Maybe you can autograph one and send it to Idaho. :)
    ~LORIE

    Chip said...

    Haha, just be glad that Jacob doesn't know about the fact that the Xbox360 games have "Achievements" and the PlayStation 3 games now have "Trophies" that you can win for doing certain things in the game, otherwise you'd never get him out of the house. :)

    (c) Copyright 2010 Jeff and Kari. Blogger template by Bloggermint