Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image

We'll see if I'm any better...

  • Sunday, August 17, 2008
  • Jeff
  • So now everyone I know has these great blogs going and I'm all jealous but Jeff doesn't quite have the time to keep ours up so I'm going to give it a try. Since the last post we've baptized Hannah, watched Jonathan turn five, went to Utah for Christy's wedding, and Oh Yeah, moved to a new city and started a job. (Well, Jeff started a job and I'm an unofficial personal secretary.) We now live in Sulphur Springs, Texas. I know, I know you've never heard of it. Go east from Dallas about 1 hour and you'll find it. Jeff has started a solo practice so the month of July was spent trying to get that up and ready. For me that meant lots of trips to Dallas and Ikea (gotta love that store) for random office supplies. (Maybe I forgot to mention that in this town of ours the only stores are Wal-Mart, Brookshires, and Lowes. At least nothing is too long of a drive away.)

    We were able to take a couple of trips this summer. The end of June we traveled to Provo for Jeff's sister's wedding. I actually drove out with the kids and Brad and Karrie and Milo (an adventure too painful to write) and Jeff got to fly out (he said he had to be back to work but I'm pretty sure he could have worked around that if he wanted to). Utah was fun. We partied with the siblings and cousins, mostly playing Rock Band. Turns out Hannah wants to be a pop star when she grows up and Jeff wants to be in the band. Christy's wedding was great. The kids all thought they were so special with their matching outfits. Hannah keeps asking me when she gets to be a flower girl again.

    Our second trip was too our favorite vacation spot...Galveston. Now I know you might be thinking--Galveston, really?--but we get to stay with Uncle Brad, Aunt Karrie, and Milo and go the beach. Jeff and I even got to spend the night in Houston for our 9th anniversary by ourselves. THANKS BRAD AND KARRIE!!!!!

    Alright, well being that it's taken me about an hour to get this far, we'll see if I make anymore posts. Even if I don't I still love reading yours.

    3 comments:

    Alison said...

    I'm so impressed you're taking over the blog. I'll be expecting lots of posts and pictures!

    Lorie said...

    Wow! "Spring has Sprung" is finally down the list a little ways! I almost gave up on you guys until I start seeing comments on mine... I figured you may be back in the "blogging world". Welcome back! I've been thinking a lot about you guys and wondering where you ended up. Sulfer Springs? It sounds familiar... maybe we've driven through it? How's the solo practice coming along? I'll bet they are dying to get a FP Doc in town. Can't wait to hear more details. Miss you guys!!!

    Christy Gunnell said...

    Happy to see I made a blog post. Except where's a picture of me?! I mean gosh. Just kidding. I have now been caught up on the Smith life! I love it!! Maybe one day when the Church doesn't block blogs I will start one for Chase and me!

    (c) Copyright 2010 Jeff and Kari. Blogger template by Bloggermint