Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image

1,2...3

  • Wednesday, January 16, 2008
  • Jeff


  • Rachel had her big day on Saturday. It only took us 3 days of prepping her (both before and after the actual day) to help her realize that she was "2" and now she's "3". It was nice that her birthday fell on a Saturday. We could do the family thing as well as have a party with her friends all on the same day. Rachel had her friends over in the morning for her "My Littly Pony Party" (not trademarked--please don't sue me Hasbro). It was a nice enough day that the majority of the party was spent just playing with odds and ends (read: junk) in the back yard. The only game played was "Pin the Tail on the Donkey (I mean pony)" and it was a real hit. It looked like some pony came into the house and puked pink everywhere--pink cake, pink lemonade, pink ice cream--Rachel's heaven (and my hell).
    The evening was spent rubbing elbows with Waco urbanites at Peter Piper's Pizza. I think the kids are developing a bit of a gambling habit. I had to pull Jacob away from those ticket games like ten times. Remind me not to take the kids to Vegas--I think they'd hawk their dad if it meant sticking a quarter in a machine for a single ticket!
    All in all it was a good day. Thanks for the presents and calls. It has been like a big long "Pony Christmas" for Rachel--now, where to put them all!

    1 comments:

    Lorie said...

    She is so cute! She looks like Hannah when she was that age. Thanks for finally putting up another post... I about gave up.

    Hey, guess who stopped by the other day? Alyssa Perez! She's up at BYU-Idaho. It was fun to talk "Lubbock talk" and get more dirt on people.

    Hope you are enjoying warmer weather than we are! It's -20 today & the kids are out of school driving me crazy!

    Thanks for the post. I can't believe Rachael is 3 already.

    (c) Copyright 2010 Jeff and Kari. Blogger template by Bloggermint